22 March 2011

What's been happening????

Jack and I will be back to the Children's hospital and the aged care home very soon. I must admit I have missed it very much, and I know Jack has been missed too. Ha ha he's getting fat not doing anything. I have lost 10kg in the last month so Jack is on a diet to now.

We have all seen the pure aggression of nature at work recently, with floods here in Queensland, cyclones up north, earth quakes in N.Z. and now Japan and even more flooding as I write in N.S.W. The magnitude of Japan's earth quake by far the most devastating. I cannot imagine what those poor people are going through. We here at our home in south east queensland feel very lucky indeed to come out unscathed.

Our summer has slipped into autumn now but temperatures still get up into the high 80's. I will have to plant some winter vegies soon, silverbeet and lettuce are top of the list. I have 3 bathtubs for growing them in, and also large pots strategicly placed. It's good with the big pots they can move and follow the sun.

Just organised my visiting days for next month. We go back to the aged care home on the 6th April and Childrens Hospital the week after. I cannot take pictures in the Children's Hospital, it's just not allowed for the security of the children. The aged care home is Ok for taking pictures as long as they sign an OK form.

Jack has to be vet tested 4 times a year, he has a throat swab (He hates that) that is to test for anything that may be harmful to any patients like, salmonela. Dogs that eat raw meat can have salmonela in their system. All Jack,s food is cooked food but still has to be tested. The other test is a poo sample.

Well enough waffling for now, be back to more doggy and animal things very soon



Please leave a comment on this post they make me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment but remember this blog is for familys and children may view

TIGGER

TIGGER
I had to put the cat on. I was threatened

JACK

JACK
So I'm allowed to sit on this table

ANIMALS are our life

Both Robyn and I love our animals, Robyn is more of a cat person me, dogs.



Tigger our little fluffy grey cat, we rescued. We had a phone call from another carer asking us to to pick up a kitten before they threw it on the road.



So we went and picked her up, she sat in the palm of my hand. She is 12yrs now, a very shy cat but the dogs don't worry here, she walks up and gives them a head butt, just like Robyn does to me.



I sometimes wonder where our time goes?