This may show you. This video was sent to me by my Poker friend in Florida, thanks Fancy I will spread it around.
A lot of kids should watch this they don't know how damn lucky and privileged they are.
My Dad
My father was in the R.A.F. in England. I don't know that much, he never spoke of it much at all. I could never imagine in my wildest dreams him shooting anyone but I know he did. He was a Tail Gunner in a bomber, he earned 6 medals alas I only have one of them. I have a few pictures of him in the desert and I also know he was a P.O.W. He and other men at one point were adrift on a raft or a life boat for a few weeks, how the hell they survived I don't know. He came back from the war with shrapnel in his back and was a hunchback for the rest of his life. The way the world is turning out he would probably just shake his head and say, "why did we bother". But the world was different then and people cared and he cared. Thanks Dad.
Thursday 23rd December
For this year Jack and I had our last visit to the Royal Children's Hospital Brisbane last night, he made them smile again. Unfortunately I can't take any pics for privacy reasons, it's a pity in a way because I see a great interaction between K9 and child.
I always ask if they have a dog, cat or birds as pets, that's the ice-breaker and usually gets them talking. Sometimes it's the Mom or Dad that seems to need the attention, that's OK too many of them need a distraction more than the child does. I see tired eyes on both parents and children.
Last night there was a young mom feeding her baby and she needed a "Jack a comfort cuddle", Jack obliged in his usual way and I think I heard a little sigh of relief from her as she continued to feed her little one. They all got photo's of Jack and I hope many of them go home for Christmas, not a good place for a child at Christmas time.
I always have another volunteer with me to visit the kids, Many of these volunteers are not much more than kids them selves. They do a fantastic job some play games with kids, some take a library and games trolley around and some just clean up a little. Whatever they do they are kind and useful human beings who care and they have my full admiration for the kindness they bestow upon these unwell little souls.
thank u for posting that , Pete. it's a hard video to watch but we must never forget all the brave men from so many countries that fought over there. they never received the appreciation they should have had.
ReplyDelete