OK we are getting ready to go see some old folks, Jack had a brush and only got half a bucket of fur off him this time. We will be back soon to tell you all about it.
It's warm out there today 33c (90f for other people) I guess summer is here. Well Jack worked his little miracles again today, getting smiles from some that have forgotten how to smile. It also gives me a chance to chat and break their boredom a little. Hearing stories of family's ,some local, some far away and some overseas.
As we go room to room we hear these stories of where they came from, how they got here. Some just stare into space until, their hands touch Jack's fur and that brings some life back into what seems to have been a void just seconds before. We come across a kind volunteer playing violin with some backing tapes of Christmas carols and songs.
There's about 20 or so residents there singing along with the violinist who has found a place in the world to practice his art and give a little more of his talent to please his audience. He talks of his childhood and how he started to play the violin at a very early age. As he talks Jack and I quietly go around the room and they all give Jack a pat and a smile, some want a second pat and I see the excitement on their faces when he goes back to them. When we get down to the front row I apoligise to the musician for the interuption and thank him for his patience, He gives an approving nod a knowing smile and starts to play again. I hold a treat up high for Jack and he stands on his hind legs and to all there, this wonderful dog is dancing a Christmas jig.
Today I met Peter, the Grandfather of another Delta society volunteer. Although she wasn't there today his kind Grand daughter Elise, and her dog , "Asti" well they do the same as us and put smiles on faces. The best part is she ends up seeing her Granddad and "Asti" the dog, well Asti was Peter's dog before he came into care. Asti trots into his room happy to see his old master. So now Peter still gets to see his Granddaughter and his own dog. Now isn't that worth a million dollars.? It is to Peter!
Thats got to be worth another smile.
Large Hail came as well golf ball size. Back yard was flooded and all dog beds got wet.
Guess they sleep inside tonight!
Darn it the dog had to swim out to the tree to pee
One of my favorite peices of music is Pachabell's Cannon in D. I have been listening to this wonderful peace of music for many years. I has become popular in the last 10 maybe 15 years, for me the last 50 or so.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment but remember this blog is for familys and children may view